News

Menu

Blog Post: Hip-Hop Artist Sikadime From Vancouver Get Down To Talk About His Music (Interview)

Finally get to talk with Sikadime a very talented up and coming artist in the music industry.

We really appreciate this moment you gave us to talk to you and let the world know exactly who is Sikadime and what your music is all about.

Since Hip Hop music became a reference to a lot of people, we are really sure that they want to know more about you.

Tell us about you?
Thank you for having me. 
Where do I begin? I’m a Canadian indie hip hop artist, beatmaker/producer and musician. Some may say I’m a veteran/legend but I still feel like I’m unheard of and its cool. I like making fans along the way. End of the day, I’m still a guy who enjoys a $2 slice of pizza.

When did you start making music?
I got my first keyboard when I was 7 years old. My neighbor taught me how to play piano. My first drum machine I turned 8. Still got my old Tascam 244 4 track recorder that I use to make beat tapes and record demos on. By the time I was 10, I released my first album.

Who is your role model in the music world?
There are a lot of people I look up to, especially the ones I work on tracks with or done shows with. My role models for me is D-sisive, Dan-e-o, Bishop Brigante, the Tru-Paz crew, Choclair, B-Real of Cypress Hill, Mellow Man Ace, my homie Attikus (he just dropped a new album). It was one thing growing up on listening to these cats, then came the opportunity to work them, then do shows and next thing you know getting advice from, ways to improve, life in general. 

Have you ever been so moved by a song that you cried? If so what was it?
Damn, I gotta roll thru my playlist. There is one song that gets me everytime – “Read All About It Pt. III” by Emeli Sande live at the Royal Albert Hall. Her voice just moves me to a place where as a person, you never think about how much compassion that you have for everything else in the world.

Is there anything you would do differently in your career?
Yeah there are a few times I wish I didn’t put everything in music on hold for others but I am a better man today because of those times. For instance, 2014 was my comeback year with 5 releases after 2 years away from the music scene. It was hard to get motivated again but still trying to bounce back to where I’m supposed to be.

Who would you like to be as famous as?
The longevity of LL Cool J and Ice Cube amazes me. Still creating dope music, accomplished in other fields such as movies, tv shows etc. People can say what they want about Will Smith but look at everything he’s done and you can not tell me that when you hear it, you don’t start rapping too the words to the theme of “The Fresh Prince of Bel Air”.
Lat but not least, Prince. Legend status right ther. I’m a big Prince fan.

What is your secret to be different from other musicians?
I really have no secret. For the longest time people didn’t know I play violin so the requests have been coming in for me to do that. I use to work as a studio musician. I played bass in a band. I’m ok with a acoustic guitar but found my niche with electric. I played the tuba in high school before switching to percussion.

Who would you want to do a tour/concert with?
 I’d love to hopefully one day be on a Vans Warped Tour. Just being with a bunch of artists travelling and rocking shows is my ideal time. I headlined my own North American indie tour a few years back and it was cool but would of been more cooler if there was people travelling with me.

Do you ever get lost in the music?
Absolutely, who doesn’t? I get in a zone when creating. I remember one day when I was like 22, I woke up at 7am, put on my housecoat, got some oj, sat down, starting making this beat and by the time I was done (because I’m a perfectionist), it was night time again. Though the whole day felt like an hour. Kind of like having that nap and wake up 8 hours later lol.

Do you plan to make music for as long as you can?
Hopefully. I read an article about Jackie Chan and how he has 100 movies under his belt. I’d love to have that type of accomplishment for myself, 100 releases. I just released my 40th record this year “Musica Poetica.” So...who knows. 

What message do you send to your fans?
The 3h’s- hi5’s, handshakes and hugs. Do great things in life and not be an asshole. Good music and good vibes... plain and simple. It’s all gorgeousity!

 Is there any site we can find you and listen to your latest song?


This interview allowed you to reveal yourself and talk more about you? If yes are you satisfy?
I believe so. It’s nice to be able to answer questions with ease.

 Any last thing to mention?
Bookings, collabs, features, beats- hit up sikadimebookings@gmail.com 
Love to come rock a show in a town near you. 

Thank you very much for your time
Thank you for the having me. Cheers.

Watch the video below
Ayatollah & Sikadime – “Fragments” Music Video



Share This:

Post Tags:

Lion Dream Records

is an independent label created by an artist to better produce and promote other artists. With the lack of publishers to help talented local artists to broadcast their music, it was important that some one take the first step and lead the way to a new generartion of self made artists.

No Comment to " Blog Post: Hip-Hop Artist Sikadime From Vancouver Get Down To Talk About His Music (Interview) "

  • To add an Emoticons Show Icons
  • To add code Use [pre]code here[/pre]
  • To add an Image Use [img]IMAGE-URL-HERE[/img]
  • To add Youtube video just paste a video link like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x_gnfpL3RM