News

Menu

Master P Eyes No Limit Records Comeback; Says He’s in Competition with Birdman



Master P ,one of Hip-Hop’s most successful, independent record label owners, during his visit to the Core DJ’s Live Mixshow 2012 in Dallas, Texas.

While Master P’s new artists mark his resurgence into the Hip-Hop game, Percy Miller has been taking notes on what the game’s been doing, as he plots to make his next $75 million independently.

“I’m taking this generation, and I’m listening because that’s what music is about, keeping up with your swag and keeping up with your game and being able to get in these clubs, and that’s basically what I’m doing,” Master P told AllHipHop.com in an exclusive interview. “Man, I got a team of youngins around me that’s sick. Miss Chee, Bengie B, T-Bo, we the next generation of this [No Limit Records], and Romeo the boss, and I’m the Chairman, and we all gonna play our role.”

In keeping up with the times, Master P has been paying close attention to how fellow New Orleans mogul, Birdman “Baby” Williams, has built his Cash Money/Young Money empire.

“Me and Baby always been cool, man. People don’t know, but I’ve always been in competition, because Baby always pushes me, you know what I’m saying, and I always push him. Like right now, he’s on top and that’s what’s pushing me. Now I’m like, OK, I gotta check out what they doing. I respect it,” Master P explained. “Now I’m back in this thing, and that’s kind of like my motivation now, you know what I’m saying? I love him because he’s from New Orleans, and I want to see him do well, but now I got to get out there and do my thing.

He got some big artists over there, so it’s like a friendly competition thing now, you know what I’m saying? So I wish him all the best. Nicki Minaj, Drake, Wayne, I mean, you know, they doing they thing, but they motivating me.”
Master P took special note of Baby’s recent acquisition of former No Limit Records artist, and now YMCMB artist, Mystikal.

“That’s the thing about music. Something’s got to motivate you to take your game to the next level. Miss Chee, Bengie B, T.E.C., T-Bo, I mean, it’s enough room for all of us to eat. All friendly competition, you know what I’m saying? Nothing serious, you know, we from the streets, man, so it’s never been about nothing but a friendly competition,” Master P said.

“So you know, I feel like right now, I ain’t have my game together, and one of my prizes dun went over, and now I’m I kinda like, ‘Damn Mystikal, alright, that was a nice little piece right there.’ So now I’m like, ‘Ok, now I gotta you know…’ That’s how bosses do it, we gotta get on that hustle game and get out there, so we can get that next new talent that’s out there. It’s kind of like different fields of business now, because they big now in the music business, and I’m like starting from the bottom, climbing from the bottom. But I’m gonna climb quick, because I know this business, you know what I’m saying? And I’m ready, my swag so sick right now, man,” he added.


Share This:

Post Tags:

Lion Dream Records

is an independent label created by an artist to better produce and promote other artists. With the lack of publishers to help talented local artists to broadcast their music, it was important that some one take the first step and lead the way to a new generartion of self made artists.

No Comment to " Master P Eyes No Limit Records Comeback; Says He’s in Competition with Birdman "

  • To add an Emoticons Show Icons
  • To add code Use [pre]code here[/pre]
  • To add an Image Use [img]IMAGE-URL-HERE[/img]
  • To add Youtube video just paste a video link like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x_gnfpL3RM