News

Menu

Ice Cube Studying Architectural Drafting & The Eames

O'Shea Jackson speaks on his history of wanting to become an architectural drafter.

Before joining N.W.A. and setting off his career in Hip Hop, Ice Cube constructed a safety net as an architectural drafting student. In a clip for Pacific Standard Time, the 42-year-old celebrates The Eames house, showing his appreciation for architecture in Los Angeles, California and how he got interested in the field.

"When N.W.A. was first about to pop off I wasn't sure if I was gonna make a living at it... Cussin' on the radio? I didn't know if that was gonna bring me any money," said Cube. "So I ended up going to school in Phoenix and spending a year out there... (but) I haven't picked up my certificate since I got it. If you want me to draw you up a house I can draw you up a house; I don't know if it's gonna be liveable."

In the clip, Cube shares his appreciation for the structural design of The Eames for Pacific Standard Time, a non-profit organization connecting more than 60 cultural institutions across Southern California. He further cemented his reasoning for initially wanting to have a backup plan beyond music and why his love for architecture still holds.

"Before I did rap music, I did architectural drafting. One thing I learned is that you’ve always gotta have a plan," he said. "[The Eames] was doing mash-ups before mash-ups even existed."


Share This:

Post Tags:

Lion Dream Records

is an independent label created by an artist to better produce and promote other artists. With the lack of publishers to help talented local artists to broadcast their music, it was important that some one take the first step and lead the way to a new generartion of self made artists.

No Comment to " Ice Cube Studying Architectural Drafting & The Eames "

  • To add an Emoticons Show Icons
  • To add code Use [pre]code here[/pre]
  • To add an Image Use [img]IMAGE-URL-HERE[/img]
  • To add Youtube video just paste a video link like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x_gnfpL3RM