News

Menu

Blog Feature: Hip-hop/Rap artist Dopekiid from the city of Ottawa Ontario got down to talk about his music (INTERVIEW).

Finally get to talk with Dopekiid a very talented up and coming artist in the music industry.

We really appreciate this moment you gave us to talk to you and let the world know exactly who is Dopekiid and what your music is all about.

Since Hip Hop music became a reference to a lot of people, we are really sure that they want to know more about you.

Tell us about you:
I go by the name Dopekiid and I represent the city of Ottawa in Ontario Canada .

I’m 21 years old and been rapping since the age of 16. In my teen years I had a few bumps in the road but music saved  my life, it kept me on the right path, helped me get through the hard times and made me the man I am today.

 When did you start making music:

I stared writing music at 16, just working and perfecting my rhymes and flow. When I was 19 I started recording professionally and collaborating with other artists.

 Who is your role model in the music world

A few people I would consider role models in the Industry are J Cole, Jay Z & 50 Cent. Jay z & 50 Cent are business minded and have mastered monetization within Hip Hop. I also admire their longevity and ability to keep reinventing themselves in a genre where fans are quick to hop on the newest trends. I look at J Cole as a leader because he stays true to himself and his craft. His ability to write conscious songs is definitely a skill I try to emulate at times.

Is there anything you would do differently in your career

One thing I would have done differently would have been to start my music career at a earlier age. It took me awhile to truly focus myself and take my craft seriously.

Who would you want to do a tour/concert with:

I would definitely be down to do tours and concerts with J Cole, Dizzy Wright & Logic. I would love to perform with these artists because of the vibe I feel when I listen to their music. All three are amazing entertainers and crazy lyricists at the same time!


 Do you ever get lost in the music:

When I wrote my song "Revenge Of The Dreamers," I had asked God to musically bless me before writing. As I wrote I felt my mind opening up and I was really able to get into it and lose myself.

 Is there any site we can find you and listen to your latest song:

My Latest Banger, "Hallejujah" featuring Ottawa R&B singer Scrilla, is Available on my soundcloud page. My debut mixtape "The Most Unlikely To Succeed" will be released in August 2014. Until then I got a number of other bangers you can check out - www.soundcloud.com/dopekiids


Thank you very much for your time

Thank you for the interview! Everyone make sure to like my Facebook fan page at www.facebook.com/dopekiidbaby and also follow me on Twitter @Dopekiid93 for the latest on Dopekiid and the release of my mixtape “The Most Unlikely To Succeed” dropping this August!

Listen to the track below

Share This:

Post Tags:

Lion Dream Records

is an independent label created by an artist to better produce and promote other artists. With the lack of publishers to help talented local artists to broadcast their music, it was important that some one take the first step and lead the way to a new generartion of self made artists.

No Comment to " Blog Feature: Hip-hop/Rap artist Dopekiid from the city of Ottawa Ontario got down to talk about his music (INTERVIEW). "

  • To add an Emoticons Show Icons
  • To add code Use [pre]code here[/pre]
  • To add an Image Use [img]IMAGE-URL-HERE[/img]
  • To add Youtube video just paste a video link like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x_gnfpL3RM